Sunday, 3 January 2016

Year 2016 Resolutions

2 days of 2016 has passed. Time flies.

My resolutions for year 2016:

1) Time Management

I have a crazy schedule in year 2015 (Click here). I would love to work on my time management in year 2016. Other than my family, I believe the world out there will be mostly unaffected if I disappeared tomorrow. So, why am I so busy? Remember to breathe the fresh air (not during haze period) that are mostly free for now (I heard somewhere in China is charging for fresh air now).

2) Family

I am planning to have a 2nd child so I can become a full time caregiver... You know I am being naughty, being a full time caregiver is a bonus, whereas every child is a gift of life. My wife and I love children and we aim to have 2. We have been coping without the help of parents and maid, while both of us juggling with works. It took us a long hearty chat of more than 1 year and the courage to start planning. The key word here is start planning, mean hasn't started. The age gap should be 2 to 3 years apart, ideally. Having said that, we will be equally satisfy if we remain to have 1 child. Less taxing on our quality of time. More details will be shared in upcoming post.

3) House chores

I have revamped my house again and again for the thousands times since 3.5 years ago, without spending a single cent 99% of the time. With less cluttering, It will be real easier to tidy up the place and maintaining a high level of hygiene.

4) Health

Plan to achieve IPPT silver again this year. Given that I have not been exercising most days in year 2015, it is going to be challenging. Although my house chores are serious workout, I need to move my body more deliberately. 

5) Incomes

I decided to have a steam of multiple incomes. Given my hectic lifestyle in year 2015, I wish (everyone's wishes too) to have more passion incomes (Not passive). My planned incomes are:

  • Full time job
  • Maiden freelancing
  • Dividends
  • Exploring income opportunity from blogging and writing (Currently is zero advertising)
(Which I will be more hectic to learn the skills? Anyway, these are mostly what I am doing for free nowadays, except full time job)

6) Investing

If we can't achieve 5% or more returns via equity, we mind as well buy bonds. Given that STI down 14.5% in year 2015, it is an uphill task even with ETF investing. I will review and achieve 5% or more returns. This will include serious review and tracking of portfolio performance and strategies. Otherwise, I will settle for 3.5% for bond and higher yield instruments. Hopefully stock market will still be attractive for me in the long run, considering the risk-reward ratio.

7) Expenses

I would like to challenge myself to maintain my minimum expenses, yet living a most fulfilling lifestyle. This has always been my mantra, though I visited mid-tier restaurant every week and travelling for leisure yearly. These are indulges that I reward my family and I. I may regret cutting these to save that little money during my deathbed. I will see what I can do for a win-win scenario. This mean not going restaurant so often but having more quality food and ambience during dining. I have been cooking since 3 years ago.

8) Being Positive

I would like to be positive >95% of the time. the 5% is buffer when I lost myself during challenging time and time taken to bound back. How to measure 95%? Let not be so critical and technical about this. haha. Laughing and smiling will be extra bonuses I can give myself more frequently.
With these, I start my year 2016 with visions!

7 comments:

  1. very nice post guys.....
    i like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frugal Daddy,

    1. Just apply for Google AdSense since you've already been blogging more than 6 months. The money from AdSense won't be much, but it'll subsidise your broadband connect ;)


    2) The planning and practice runs for your 2nd child will be lots of fun! Talk about 2-3 years of foreplay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SMOL

      Even $1 earned is a bonus. isn't?

      2nd child is a lifelong challenge!

      Delete
  3. Frugal-Daddy - thanks for your post. I just found your blog today. I juggle similar hats to you, so can relate to your resolutions. Keep it up! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony

      Thanks! Let make it better and better each year. Obstacles are to be overcome and that what made life interesting? Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Hi FD,

    I agree with SMOL, AdSense is great and peanuts are better than nothing. Anyway, your resolution looks good, looking forward to hearing your news on second child, all the best in the year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jes

      Nice to see you here in year 2016!

      Didn't see your resolution? Did I missed it?

      Wishing you the best for your year 2016 too!

      Delete